I stayed late to work on a photoshop project due this week. (It looks awesome BTW) I finally left school at 7:15 pm. So I had already been in the building for about 10 hours. I was tired, greasy, hungry and sporting a major headache. I caught the bus and all was fine there. On my way home, I stopped at a place called Red Burrito to pick up dinner. The family in front of me were 5 kinds of stupid. They didn't know what a fajita was, they didn't know what mole sauce was, so they wanted to sample... this place doesn't do samples. But I think because the server was so frustrated with them she gave them a taste of the mole sauce. (oh by the way, this place is set up like a subway. You pick what tortilla you want and then you choose meat and toppings. ) So anyway, they finally figure out what they want, keep in mind they've been standing there since before I walked in, and then go on with their "oh now whose is that?" questions... honey, if you can't remember what you ordered two seconds ago then move and let me through. Geez! The last person in their group was finally picking her toppings and the conversation went like this:
Server: Mild or spicy salsa?
Dumb girl: Yes
Server: No, mild or spicy?
Dumb girl: yes
Me to Dumb girl: She's asking if you want hot or mild salsa!
Dumb girl: Oh, um the hot stuff....(she debates in her head) yeah, the hot stuff.
Me: *rolls eyes*
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! By the time they all figured out what they were eating and were sitting down it was about 15 mins. It took me seriously 3 mins to tell them what I wanted and then pay.
So, I get to the front gate of my building and I have to dig in the pocket of my backpack for my keys. I'm standing there riffling and these two guys walk up and ask where a certain building is... I didn't know. So I just pointed them to the left and mumbled "that way". I have no idea if I was right, but I didn't care.
I finally get in and am waiting for the elevator and these three little Mexican women walk up. Just as they do the elevator dings and opens. There was a couple inside, but they were so concerned about going first they almost knock over the couple trying tot out. When the couple had finally escaped, I just walked in and nearly pummeled one of the women. I told them "generally you wait for the person who called the elevator to get on first. " Well then they start yackity yackin' in spanish. All I could remember of spanish right then was the word for shut up. So I said it and then said "its also generally a good idea not to talk badly about a person while they're there. " The looks on their faces were priceless. I had no idea what they were saying but apparently it was about me.
I am now through with my rant. I'm gonna go continue to cool off, maybe watch a good movie and try to sleep. Wish me luck with the next two weeks.

I've always wanted a moment where I can say what I mean to say at the moment I mean to say it. But alas it hasn't happened.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the next 2 weeks.
sounds like you're livin the student life alright! I hope you got some rest! love you! next time be like brad and tell them to bailar con queso.
ReplyDelete