Thursday, January 21, 2010

What a day!

This week in class we have been doing actual make-up instead of the instructors just talking at us. We started off the week learning facial structure. Like where the bones are and where the highlight and shadows would be placed on a face.


Here's an example of my friend, Miranda. To start, I had to feel her face and "see" where the bones in her face are. Then I painted all the white areas and left the places where there would be shadow, blank. Next I filled in the the areas that needed black and faded them into the white to try and give the face depth. It was so cool to see the entire class with skeleton faces.

The next day we learned about contouring and highlighting the face using different shades and tints of foundations. This method is primarily used in theatrical make-ups. It gives the face a very defined look. The next step after learning all this is corrective make-up. And this is basically what I do everyday on myself. I have a lot of redness in my skin as well as acne scars, so in order to make my skin look presentable, I apply foundation all over my face, followed by a concealer and then powder to set my work. I feel like, in this I have a head start in applying it to someone else.

The first day that we applied the corrective make-up on someone, my instructor said that I did a very good job. At the beginning of the course she said that she rarely will tell you that your make-up is good, because there is always room for improvement. I was screaming "WOOHOO" on the inside :) lol Today, we did more of the same, but working on different people. *I should mention that each time we work on someone we have to mix foundations and concealers by hand...* I was grouped with two others girls, because there are an odd number of people in the class. I worked on my Korean friend, Sul Khi (She goes by Tasha here). Again, our instructor said that I did a very good job. The thing that made me feel really good about the work I did, was that Sul Khi chose to wear the make-up the rest of the day. So cool!

Anyways...
At lunch today, four of us decided to walk to the Tinseltown mall and get lunch there. Its just around the corner from the school. As we were walking there, I noticed how international we were. We had, USA, Mexico, Korea, and Canada all represented. Its so great how school and sharing a common interest breaks barriers between peoples religious and political views and allows them to get to know someone on a personal level. Its really great.

Okay... that's it for now... I am so exhausted. And I have a really early morning tomorrow.
G'night!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean by all the different people being represented. In my class we had kids from the USA, Canada, Thailand, Singapore, Korea, the UK, and India. It was so nice to get to know them and learn about their country. And what kinds of foods are the best :)

    ReplyDelete