Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Just a few thoughts...

Its amazing the way people will surprise you. The very first day of orientation we met everyone in our make-up class. I met a girl I thought was kinda stuck up and because of the way she dresses and presented herself, I automatically assumed that she was snobby. WELL! Let me tell you... She is really funny, very kind, easy to talk to.... not at all what I thought. So, I have learned that first impressions are definitely not the way to judge someone. Shame on me for assuming.
Anyways... Today started out kinda gnarly. I was a little late to the bus stop and had to wait longer to catch the next one. When I finally got on the bus, there was a guy and a girl blocking the walk way. There was plenty of room behind them that they could have moved back and left the walk way open, but they were too concerned about being close to the front to move. So, I pushed my way through and "accidentally" on purpose smacked the guy with my backpack as I squished my way through. I was laughing maniacally on the inside. I made sure I said "sorry" in a tone that let him know I really wasn't that sorry. Muah-ha-ha-ha :D
When I got off the bus I went into the VFS cafe to grab a water and a muffin before class. I searched through my backpack for my wallet, only to discover that I had left it at home in the bag I used yesterday while shopping for school supplies. LAME! No breakfast for me... and we only get an hour for lunch. Not enough time to catch the bus back home and the bus back to school and be able to eat. So I was resigned to just starve today. At lunch I went to the VFS cafe with all the other people in my class just to be social. I'm glad I did! When my new friend Sarah Elizabeth saw that I wasn't eating, she insisted on giving me some money to get a sandwich. I am SO grateful to her for her kindness. I am paying her back tomorrow, but still, her willingness to help me out was much appreciated.
The afternoon class was cool. Stan Edmonds, the department head for make-up, taught our class and showed us the products that are in our kit and shared some of his stories from working on film sets. We took copious amounts of notes on the insider tips he gave. I know those will prove to be helpful.
Now, I'm home, glad to be in my jammies... and ready for dinner!
More soon! Have a fantabulous day!

1 comment:

  1. On the bus incident, I wish I could be that honest about how I do things... XD It's great how you're finding friends and getting to know more people, and how kind they are! I'm so happy you're having fun! Study hard!

    ReplyDelete