Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Moving....

I have found that packing up my life is stressful and more than a little depressing.  I have to go through everything I own and decide what is going with me on my new adventures, what gets to stay in storage and wait for the next adventure; and what is going to be sold to live with a new family.  Its been hard trying to pick through the last 24 years worth of stuff.  

My favorite room in my whole house was the Entertainment room, with all the cool movie posters and photos of my favorite actors.  I enjoyed that room so much, and now all the posters are off the walls, the shelves have been taken down, the furniture will be moved out soon... its all left me with a sense of loss.  

This house has been a home to me and so many of my friends and family.  It feels like I have sold a friend.  I know the new family will enjoy this home and cherish the memories they make here, but I sincerely hope that they come to love and appreciate this house as much I have. 

Tannis

2 comments:

  1. We'll always keep a special place in our heart for 33690 summit view. Moment of silence.
    Just know that old friends NEVER die... even old houses... and you're going on to BIGGER AND BETTER things!! :) Love you tannis!!! *muah*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving is hard! I always get a little emotional when it is time to move. I am sure Canada will be awesome! When I move, I try to picture how much fun I will have in the next place and that helps-a little. I am excited you are blogging because I love blogs.

    ReplyDelete